The other two installments of will bring you more completely up to date and put you in line with this post.
MISSION: TO CONNECT PEOPLE TO JESUS
VISION #1: WE DESIRE TO BE PASSIONATE PURSUERS OF JESUS.
VISION #2: WE DESIRE TO BE MODELS OF TRUTH AND LOVE
This one can get a little dicey. We have to run a fine line between acceptance of the individual and approval of sin. The church is being slammed hard in this area. You know that as well as I do. We are being asked to compromise biblical values in order to be more inclusive. We are being seen as judgmental or (dare I say it?) homophobic because we take a stand against what we believe to be an unbiblical and unacceptable lifestyle.
The fine line we walk is between compassion and compromise.
Sadly, the church today is known more for what it is against than it stands for. Rather than being a card carrying member of the placard-waving Westwood clan, perhaps we would do well to be known for what we are for.
- We stand for the acceptance and approval of each person as one who matters to God. (There. Now you know what I think of the Black Lives Matter/White Lives Matter/Hispanic Lives Matter stuff. WE ALL MATTER and are loved by the Heavenly Father).
- We stand for building a stronger family.
- We stand for the decrease and abuse of drugs, alcohol and children.
- We stand for putting in safety measures to stop the easy access to pornography.
- We stand for young people and helping them get out of human trafficking.
Models of truth and love. Easy to say; not so easy to do. What say you?