Mondaysurprise

Written by cycleguy on October 8th, 2018

I walked into my office this morning and saw this:

There were actually more under my desk and behind my chair. All told there were probably 20-24 balloons just laying around in my office. Somehow I think the Great Instigator aka former Youth Pastor or Youth Pastor’s wife allowed the teens to go into my office. Actually, I leave my door open during the day so he wouldn’t have had to let them in but I’m suspecting he or his wife may have been behind it.  I was excited though. It actually went with my office decor i.e. Hi-viz lime green bicycle sitting in my office.  (I leave from the office during my lunchtime ride so I just leave my bike here).

What’s the occasion? Well…other than being teenagers (whom I may or may not bug from time to time), tomorrow (Tuesday) is my 66th birthday.  I’d like to think they love me so much this is their way of showing it.  Ice cream would have been much better but then again, it would have left quite a mess. So, I guess the balloons will suffice. 🙂

Ryan & Hope do a superb job with the kids (all ages).  They love them unconditionally. They listen to them. They laugh with them. They go places with them. Ryan visits them at school during lunch time. They even get into trouble with them. AHEM! But he is also teaching them a servant’s heart. This week they are on Fall Break and two of the days will be spent serving.  Wednesday is an all-day event at IDES in Indianapolis.  They will be paying for and packing meals for disaster relief.  They have a little fun afterwards by going to some climbing wall and adventure place. Friday they will be serving in the community after working some around the church building.  Ryan and Hope have servant’s hearts and I’m glad to see they are trying to teach and instill that in our teens.

And what better song for this occasion can there be than this one? Trust me though when I say it was not one of my favorites as a teenager.

So…how is/was your Monday?

17 Comments so far ↓

1. Pam says:

Happy Birthday, Bill! What a great surprise! You know you are loved!

2. Kari Scare says:

Happy Birthday, my friend. Have a blessed day & year!

3. Glynn says:

Happy birthday, Bill!

4. Linda Stoll says:

66 balloons to you, friend! We’re not getting older, we’re getting better!

{I think …}

Party hardy.

5. Have a happy and blessed birthday, Bill! What a thoughtful thing those teens did for you; Ryan and Hope’s leadership skills must be awesome. You are blessed to have them on your team, but I know you already know that!

• cycleguy says:

I found out they just wanted to be ornery. But that’s okay. And yes, their skills are super. I am super blessed to have them on the team.

6. Lisa notes says:

Definitely looks like the mark of teens. 🙂 Happy 66th birthday, Bill!

7. Ed Damas says:

Happy Birthday! I sure would like to visit your church someday with my sister in Christ.
    Monday was ok until I had to go to a funeral of an old family friend. Seeing so many old friends at a funeral is always a mixture of joy and sadness..because you realize that’s the ONLY time you ever see them!

8. cycleguy says:

From Gail: Hahaha perfect song. I haven’t heard that song in a long time. Anyway hope you have a very very happy birthday.

9. Betty Draper says:

Happy Birthday Bill. We had been gone for a few weeks, return home on Sat so Monday was still a catch up day. We bought much needed computers so Ace is working to clean up and then transfer all files , etc onto our new ones. I think I rested most of the day, having a little health issue that has wiped me out. By the way, I don’t miss that song either. My Ace just had a birthday the 5th, he is finally the same age as me for about three months. I turn 72, oh it’s hard to ever type that number and then I will be older then him again. The grand kids had a blast helping Grandpa eat birthday cake. Hope yours was a good one.